Searching for a rental property is new and exciting for many of us. Finding the right fit is more than just driving by a property and dropping off your application. The more research you do, the greater your chances are of finding the perfect place to call home for the next year.
Below describes the basic selection process:
Step 1: Search our website and review all units that meet your needs regarding price, location, availability date, amenities, pets, etc. Review all the available pictures, video tours and floor plans.
Step 2: Drive by the properties to see if they meet your needs regarding location, bus stop location, curb appeal, etc.
Step 3: Narrow your search to 2 to 3 potential rental properties.
Step 4: Call or visit our office for more information and information regarding availability. Availability can change quickly based on demand. An experienced agent in our office can help you determine if the exact unit you want meets the time frame, pet requirements, and price you need.
Step 5: Review our rental application criteria and our sample lease and deposit agreement to determine if you are able to meet and fulfill all the requirements. Processing your application may be delayed or you may lose your place in line if you do not properly qualify.
Step 6: After you have researched the units and selected your top choices, schedule an appointment to view the unit or submit an application. Due to the large volume of requests we receive, showing a unit more than once to the same party may not be possible. Most of our units are occupied and therefore our showing times can be limited (to respect the privacy of our current tenants). You are not required to view a unit. IF personally, must see the unit before moving in, schedule a viewing before applying. Once a holding deposit is paid on the unit, we will not schedule any more showings to respect our current tenant’s privacy. Pictures and videos on our website may represent a sample of the unit only and may not reflect specific details of each unit.
Other considerations before renting with Apex:
The number of vehicles allowed at any apartment or house is never more than 1 vehicle per bedroom.
- Many apartments do not provide guest parking or parking for any additional vehicles.
- Parking space assignments cannot be changed. It is important to know if the building has assigned parking and if your vehicle will fit in the assigned space.
- Smoking is not permitted in any unit or within 30 feet from any building for any reason.
- Most leases are 12-month terms. Listings will usually indicate if a shorter term is available.
When applying with a pet:
If you have a pet, you must determine if the unit for which you are applying allows a pet. Not all units or buildings are pet friendly and the unit’s ability to accommodate a pet is subject to change without notice. If approved, a NON-REFUNDABE pet fee of $150 will be due at move in, and a signed Pet Addendum will be required. Pet rent will be charged with rent each month ($25/month for cats, $30/month for dogs).
- Review our pet policy online and a sample Pet Addendum before submitting your pet application.
- When submitting your pet application, we will also require a picture of the pet, and proof of rabies vaccination (cats and dogs), as well as city licensing for dogs.
- Where cats are allowed, the cat must be kept indoors at all times.
- Only 1 pet per unit, when a pet is allowed. On a case by case basis, 2 pets may be allowed with applicable pet fees.
- Dogs are allowed in VERY FEW of our properties. Where allowed, breeds are limited, and the size is restricted to 50 lbs and under. Dogs are considered at the Meadows at June Road, the Tremezzo North Apartments, Francis Park Apartments, Park View Village and the Carolina Street Apartments.
- Apex will not allow wild animals, farm animals, ferrets, rabbits, mice, rats, snakes, and large breed birds or reptiles.
- Small-aquarium fish are permitted (not to exceed 30 gallons) and do not require special permission or pet fee.
What happens once the application is received?
- When Apex receives your application, we assume you have already seen the unit and are prepared to pay a holding deposit and sign a lease upon approval.
- You are not considered “in-line” for a unit until all cosigner forms, roommate applications, and pet applications (if applicable) are turned in and all application/cosigner fees are paid.
- Apex will review all rental information, credit, employment, background, and other data to determine your eligibility.
- Once approved, you will have 12 hours to pay the holding deposit to hold the unit and 72 hours to sign the lease once the lease has been sent for e-signature.